FAQs - ONLINE YOGA
AYF LIVE STREAM CLASSES USER GUIDE
Below is a super simple user guide to our new LIVE STREAM platform for delivering the same high standard of teaching and classes to you that you have come to expect from AYF Yoga, albeit in our new online format.
We highly recommend new students first attend classes in studio before online.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR & JOIN A CLASS
- Book and pay for your ONLINE CLASS PASS using our online timetable or using the MindBody App
- You will need to have an email address linked to your account, so if you normally drop in to classes and/or purchased a pass in the studio please contact us and we will help set up your online profile.
- We ask you book the day before as we send the ONLINE CLASS information at the start of each day. If you decide on the day to join any listed class marked with an asterix then please email us to add you in.
- Please do NOT book into a studio class time as these spots are required for students attending class in person
- Any questions about booking please do not hesitate to contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
PRICING OPTIONS FOR ONLINE YOGA
- Option 1. $12 for ONLINE DAY PASS allows you to join one or more classes on that day
- Option 2. $90 for 1 MONTH UNLIMITED ONLINE PASS
- OR use your current unlimited studio pass.
- Download ZOOM onto your laptop or ipad
- Dress appropriately for a yoga class (you will be on video!)
- Set up your mat & props in a quiet location with as few background distractions as possible
- Ensure you can see your computer or mobile device clearly and your sound is turned on so you can hear the teacher
- Simply click on the email link to join the 'meeting' a few minutes before the scheduled start time.
- (N.B. The first time you use Zoom it will automatically launch the Zoom App to your computer or mobile device. There is no need to sign up to Zoom - the App is free, quick & simple to install)
ONLINE CLASS ETIQUETTE
- On joining your audio will automatically be set to 'mute' to minimise background noise and distractions, but you can choose to temporarily unmute if you have any questions for the teacher or wish to say hi to your fellow yogis.
- Your video will automatically be set to 'on' so we can all see each other (just like in a normal class) but you can choose to switch your video off for privacy if you prefer.
- Once the class starts the teacher will mute all participants to minimise distractions until the end of class.
Absolutely. If you can breath, you can do Yoga. Variations are always given to suit your experience and energy levels.
Please note we do not offer Pre Natel yoga. If you are pregnant and have not not yoga before then we suggest attending a specialised pre natel class. We can suggest teachers if you need guidance on where to go.
If you have had a regular practise and are at least in your 2nd trimester, then please call to chat to Sam before attending a class at AYF.
You don't have to be flexible to start yoga. This is one of the most common misconceptions about yoga. In fact the more inflexible you are the more reason you should practice yoga.
Yoga is ultimately about balancing the mind body and soul.
Eating: come to class on an empty stomach. Refrain from eating 2 hours before class. If you have food in your stomach many of the postures, especially inversions, forward bends, and strong twists become uncomfortable.
Drinking: it is important to come hydrated so make sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after class.
Arrive: Log on 10-15mins before class starts
Start: with a smile and an open mind. Let go of instant gratification and attachment to ego. Commit to a regular practice and over time the space created on the mat will permeate your life.
Bring: a yoga mat, a hand towel and water.
We encourage a regular practice of 1-3 times a week. Most importantly, it’s about doing what works for you and maintaining your practice over the long-term. Don’t beat yourself up if you are unable to attend a class.
Remember - find balance on and off the mat.