4 Week Beginners Yoga starts March 2020
YOGA FUNDAMENTALS CLASSES - 4 WEEK BEGINNERS PROGRAM
STARTS MARCH @ADELAIDEYOGAFLOW
CHOICE OF 2 CLASSES PER WEEK -
TUESDAYS 11.15am -12.15pm // SATURDAYS 12.30pm - 1.30pm
Starting anything new including yoga can be daunting.
At AYF we aim to make that first step as easy as possible.
Learn the fundamentals of Vinyasa Yoga in an open and supportive environment, with the opportunity to ask questions at each stage.
This course is designed over 4 weeks to progressively give you the skills and confidence to practice vinyasa yoga at AYF.
What to expect:
- Asana (posture) fundamentals, we will workshop the common poses using an intelligent and functional approach to engaging in postural alignment for individuals;
- Give you the nuts (how) and bolts (why) understanding associated with clear verbal alignment cues
- Learn to move smoothly and fluidly in between postures (asana); we learn to flow by listening to our bodies and cultivating the breath to focus the mind and cultivate calm
- How to modify / use props to suit your needs, whilst participating in group / mixed level classes
- Simple relaxation and meditation tools and techniques
Each session commences with a warming, limbering practice before moving into the fundamentals and will finish with relaxation/savasana.
You may attend 1, 2, 3 or all 4 of the sessions
Suitable for beginners or regular students wanting to refine their practice
$85 for all 4 sessions
$75 for all 4 sessions AYF DD or Unlimited 6/12month members
$25 for drop in individual sessions
Pick your dates on the timetable and BOOK ONLINE HERE
TUESDAYS 11.15am 60mins
MARCH 10th / 17th / 24th / 31st
SATURDAYS 12.30pm 60mins
MARCH 14th / 21st / 28th / 4th APRIL
- Sun Salutation A & B with options
- recap week 1
- Standing poses
- Standing balances
- Recap week 2
- Seated poses
- Recap week 1-3
- Forward Folds
- Put it all together using breath to transition to create Vinyasa
– Weekly foundation notes emailed with basic vinyasa sequence for your home practice/study
– Taught by Senior Teacher/AYF Owner, Sam
– Mat hire included
– Book all 4 sessions and receive complimentary 10day intro pass to use during/after course